Strategic communications in post-conflict countries
I’ll soon be heading into London for a two-day conference where participants will be discussing strategic communications from various organisational perspectives – military, international, humanitarian, and media.
On today’s agenda we have:
– A key note from Nik Gowing on the ‘new tyranny of shifting information power in crises‘.
– A discussion between General Sir Mike Jackson, Ed Mortimer and Alastair Campbell setting the military and political background.
– A panel on the current problems and opportunities in the field of strategic communications.
– An address and Q&A with Alastair Campbell.
– A panel on information ecologies and grass roots campaigns.
Hopefully, I’ll be able to put up another blog post (or two) later in the day. But I’ll have to see what the wireless/power situation is like at the event before I make any rash promises…