The Trainer says… “Whatever your level of experience, be it a complete beginner, or an experienced journalist wishing to broaden your range of skills, this course will give you the fundamental technical knowledge in camera use, sound and composition to confidently shoot your own film.”
The Foundation course offers a thorough introduction designed for people with little or no previous hands-on experience with professional video cameras. Through daily practical exercises and regular feedback, course members learn:
* Camera setup and skills overview – aperture, gain, shutter and white balance
* Understanding the lens
* Composition and aesthetics
* Introduction to sound basics
* Introduction to lighting principles
* Understanding editing concepts
* Shooting for the edit
* Daily practical exercises
* Regular feedback and critique of exercises
Duration: One week
Who it’s for: People with little or no previous hands-on experience with pro video cameras.
Trainer: Richard Parry
Aims: This course will equip you with all the practical skills and theoretical knowledge to film and direct a story.
A previous participant says… “The trainer’s passion, knowledge and teaching methods have really inspired me to develop my camera skills a lot further than i had originally thought I would do.”