Tim Hetherington Trust: Visionary Award 2019
Judith & Alistair Hetherington with Trustees of the Tim Hetherington Trust invite you to preview projects in current production by a new generation of photojournalists and documentary practitioners. The evening will culminate with the announcement of the 2019 Visionary Award.
Six extraordinary projects are shortlisted for this year’s Visionary Award from the Tim Hetherington Trust. The six shortlisted for the award will present their work and talk abut their approaches that attracted the interest of the jury.
The panel has now been announced!
- Stephen Mayes, Executive Director of the Tim Hetherington Trust will be joined by two of the judges of this year’s award to introduce the work:
- Francis Hodgson – Professor In The Culture of Photography, University of Brighton
- Dan Archer – Founder and Principal of www.empatheticmedia.com
The six projects are:
- HUMANITY LOST, HUMANITY FOUND: 25 years after Rwanda’s genocide
by Gadi Habumugisha, Mussa Uwitonze & Bizimana Jean
- RUNNING TO NOWHERE – the Central American Refugee Crisis.
by Christina Simons
by Christopher Nunn.
- NECESSARY FICTIONS: Pineland.
by Debi Cornwall
- LIVING LULLABIES.
by Hannah Reyes Morales
- FIREFLIES: A Brownsville Story.
by People’s Culture
The Tim Hetherington Trust continues Tim’s mission to inquire more deeply and to communicate more effectively by showcasing similarly inspirational work by today’s generation of visual storytellers. To this end, the Visionary Award identifies journalists and artists breaking new ground in diverse visual disciplines. We’re very proud to hosting this event in memory of Tim which will allow intimate questioning with these extraordinary people – followed by more casual discussion in the Frontline bar.
© Christopher Nunn