Private Event: The 2009 Footprint Friends WOW ~ Wipe Out Waste ~ Awards
Sponsored by PowerPerfector
The Frontline Club is proud to be hosting the Footprint Friends 2009 WOW (Wipe Out Waste) Awards at the Club on Tuesday November 3rd, 2009, from 9.30am – 2.00pm.
Just as the Frontline Club champions the voices of independent journalism, so Footprint Friends’ work is dedicated to championing the voices of young people in the critical debates around climate change and protecting & preserving the environment for the next generations.
The WOW Awards at the Frontline will feature up to 40 students from 10-18 years old from all over the UK facing a panel of esteemed judges, and presenting their big WOW ideas in a dragon’s den style ceremony.
Just as in the BBC series Dragon’s Den the students will wait downstairs in the club room before being called upstairs to the events room, to present their ideas in front of the ‘green dragons’ and live audience.
The WOW Awards Green Dragons (Panel Of Judges) will be:
• Dr. Liz Goodwin, CEO WRAP, (Waste & Resources Action Programme): www.wrap.org.uk
• Ian Fielder, CEO BIFM, (British Institute of Facilities Management): www.bifm.org.uk
• Professor Bill McGuire, Footprint Friends Science Advisor: billmcguire.co.uk
• Rt. Hon. Joan Ruddock (MP), Department of Energy & Climate Change: www.joanruddock.org
• Casper Ter Kuile, Co-Director, UK Youth Climate Coalition: www.ukycc.org
• Kevan Roberts, South Coast Business Entrepreneur: www.karcontractors.com
The award ceremony will be broadcast live on-line from the Club’s website and the websites of both Footprint Friends and the sponsors PowerPerfector, giving all schools who’ve participated an opportunity to be ‘”in” the dragons den. Each team will be given 5 minutes to pitch their idea to the green dragons.
The WOW idea with the biggest ‘WOW!’ will be scoped for national implementation in all UK schools, and the winning teams and their teacher(s) will be asked to be a part of taking their WOW idea into production nationwide. The winning school(s) will have a complimentary PowerPerfector unit installed by the awards sponsor, enabling the school to potentially reduce their energy usage by up to 20%!
For more information:
www.powerperfector.com – Home page