Frontline Club job advert: Event programme co-ordinator (full-time)
Do you have what it takes to be a part of London’s premier venue for journalists and the media industry? Do you care about world politics, current affairs and the future of journalism in the UK and around the world?
Do you know the media inside out and have contacts in the industry and beyond and have experience of journalism and/or event management?
If yes, then we’d like to hear from you. The Frontline Club is hiring a talented event manager to work on our extensive programme of panel discussions, film screenings and private functions and to help us grow as a business.
You could be arranging for John Simpson or Jon Snow to appear at the club one week or organising a visit of dissident Iranian journalists the next. This is not a nine-to-five desk job and irregular hours are part of the role, with several evenings a week and possibly some weekends.
The job will include, but will not be restricted to:
– Organising a diverse and busy event schedule
– Helping staff to develop their events
– Maintaining and updating frontlineclub.com and writing snappy copy advertising our events as well as our blogs and multimedia publishing
– Working with digital and offline marketing techniques, including email, Twitter and Facebook
– Helping develop the club’s brand and profile by liaising with traditional and online media
– Managing existing partnerships, sponsorship deals and fundraising proposals as well as identifying new partners
– Help the club meet its aim of supporting independent journalism.
As for benefits, we offer a competitive salary, flexible working arrangements and the chance to work in a unique, exciting and vibrant fast-paced organisation.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected].
Please also complete this task: think of three events that the Frontline could run in the coming weeks and send us a 100-200 summary of each one. Include reference to any speakers, moderators, and/or films you might show as well the title of each event.
Deadline for applications: 12 noon, 22 September. Interviews will be held on 28 and 29 September.