Frontline Club Annual Party – MEMBERS ONLY
To top off a fantastic year at the Frontline Club we warmly invite our members to join us to celebrate our seventh anniversary. This is also a great night to introduce friends and colleagues who are interested in joining, so please do bring a guest.
During the evening there will be a presentation of the Frontline Journalism Awards, which are selected by a distinguished panel of judges and recognise excellence in journalism.
There will also be a charitable auction of items kindly donated by members and supporters. All funds raised will go to the Fixers’ Fund. Some of the items include:
* A beautiful signed print by VII photographer Ed Kashi from his series about aging
* An opportunity to sit in the BBC News studio watching the 6 o’clock news be transmitted live
* A pair of Jon Snow’s socks and a tie
* Dinner in the BBC’s canteen with John Sweeney and an undercover tour of the BBC
* A money can’t buy visit to London’s most exclusive gin bars – the private bar at the Beefeater Distillery in Kennington and a lock-in at the Yeoman Warders’ private bar in the Tower of London
* A weekend stay at the Gandamack Lodge in Kabul; food, drink and armoury included.
See here for a full list of items donated thus far.
A set menu will be served in the restaurant from 5.30-8pm or 9-11.30pm, view the menu here. Please indicate when booking if you would like to dine and at what time.
The Panel of Judges:
Jon Lee Anderson, The New Yorker;
Jeremy Bowen, BBC Middle East Editor;
Patrick Cockburn, The Independent;
Carlotta Gall, The New York Times;
Gary Knight, VII Photo Agency;
Christina Lamb, The Sunday Times;
Allan Little, BBC correspondent;
Anthony Loyd, The Times;
Seamus Murphy, freelance;
Jon Swain, The Sunday Times
Vaughan Smith, Frontline Club founder
All funds raised on the night will go to the Fixers Fund, which was set up in 2007 by the Frontline Club Charitable Trust following the deaths of Ajmal Naqshbandi and Sayed Agha in Afghanistan.
The fund raises money for the families of fixers killed or injured while working with the international media.
Drinks served courtesy of Chivas Regal and Beefeater Gin between 7pm and 9pm.