Debate: Behind Enemy Lines but on Whose Side?
With David Loyn recently accused of being a traitor for talking to theTaliban and ITN banned by the MoD, we look at the governmental pressure and difficulties faced by journalists in gaining access and balancing the national interest with the public’s right to know.
- Francesca Unsworth (Head of BBC Newsgathering)
- David Loyn via phone link (BBC Developing World correspondent)
- Bill Neely (International editor, ITV News)
- Simon MacDowall (Director General Media and Communications MoD).
- Moderated by Stewart Purvis, former Chief Executive and Editor-in-Chief of ITN.