Two-Day Workshop: Introduction to Video Editing with Final Cut Pro X
Final Cut Pro X has redefined the post-production process for journalists and video professionals, and is now the software of choice for BBC News. Until now all non-linear editing systems were based on film editing. FCP X works with new paradigms from tapeless workflows.
This two-day workshop will guide you through this revolutionary new way of editing by taking you through an edit from start to finish.
“As a teacher, I can sincerely say that Simon is a way above par educator. Aside from his comprehensive expertise on the subject, the clarity and structure with which he presented the course, ensured that I took in as much as was possible. . . . It was worth every penny – thank you!”
“Simon is the best teacher that I ever, ever had. He gave absolutely clear, understandable explanations and answered all my silly questions!”
“Simon is an outstanding trainer! I have been on several technical courses and this is definitely the best! Great if you like fast-paced learning.”
We’ll look at how to import and organise your media, create a rough cut, trim and cut, add music/effects/titles and voice over, colour correct and export for multiple platforms.
- Importing/transcoding files, creating events, keywords, grouping clips reviewing media and marking
- Sequencing clips: Magnetic timeline, adding clips to the timeline, clip timing, auditioning, story lines and compound clips
- Adjusting video: Speed, scaling, cropping, distorting, keyframing and text
- Music and audio: Editing/enhancement and recording voiceover
- Effects: Template effects, adjusting effects, colour correction, auto balancing/matching colour and manual correction
- Sharing: Quicktime/Apple devices/Vimeo/Youtube and Compressor
About the trainer
Simon Ruben is an award winning freelance editor and video trainer with over eight years of broadcast experience across a range of genres. He has designed and delivered popular courses for the Frontline Club since 2007 including Final Cut Pro, Compressor, DVDSP and Motion. He has also tailored courses for FT.com, Save The Children, Accenture, Medecins Sans Frontiers, LV, Soho Editors and the NUJ.